Thursday, March 7, 2013

More on the Plastic ocean

This is the next phase of the painting.  I am starting to add more detail here.  Worked a little on the Sargassum and added some detail to the sand.  Including bits of plastic and debris.  This is of course,the whole point of the painting.  Many beaches now are made up of plastic bits of all shapes and color.  Not a pretty sight.
At any rate, if this seems a little lacking,it is because it is.  I still have a long way to go on this project. This is the point at which I must silence my inner critic,and carry on with what I know I need to do!  And by silence,I mean blindfold, gag and bind her and put her in the corner.  Honestly, do all artists go through this?
In the mean time, I have created more designs for my Zazzle shop.  Here is just one of them:

http://www.zazzle.com/grey_angelfish_blue_ocean_laptop_commuter_bag-256629981592440974

Last year, I entered the Art Prize contest in a nearby community.  I am beginning to plan for this year's entry.  I am thinking of doing something along the lines of this painting, perhaps in 3d or sculpture form.  If I do this, I will most likely blog about it!

No comments: