Monday, March 3, 2008

working too hard(or maybe just too much)

I can't believe how much time has passed since my last post. I guess that I have forgotten how time consuming the act of writing is. Seems as if I either have time for painting or writing,I usually choose painting. I so admire those who write, I may not have time in my life for that{at least not for awhile).

This year has been a very stressful one. Almost a year ago , my 83 year old Mother had a very bad fall. She had been visiting my Sister, and fell on the concrete steps in her garage. She had a very bad compound fracture of her upper right arm. They put the arm back together in surgery. She spent about a month in the Hospital. She also suffered a bump on the head{ which she had injured in a previous fall}. While in the physical rehabilitation hospital, they discovered a fractured pelvis. The Hospital wanted to put her in a nursing home. I just couldn't stand the thought of that. I volunteerd to take care of her at her apartment. I suppose I could go on and on at this point. If you have ever been in this position, you already know how stressful it can be to care for a loved one. If you haven't,I guess that I would have to write a book to explain all of the emotions that you go through during this process.

I think that the best phrase to sum it up is "if it doesn't kill you, it will make you stronger". Suffice it to say that it hasn't killed either of us,so far. My Mom is a very strong person. She has fought a huge battle to come back from barely being able to turn over in her bed, to useing a walker, to being completely able to walk on her own.
I suppose, because of her strength, and the way that she,and my Dad, raised me,I have always thought of myself as a strong person. This year has truly been a test of that. I am going to be having a birthday this week. Despite all that has happened this year, I still remain optimistic for the future.

My Son and I are working on a project. He is helping me to use the "web" to market my designs. It is a big learning process for me, I am so lucky to have people in my life who help me so much.

I hope to be writing more,too. I am not going to make promises, mind you, but I will try.

No comments: