Wednesday, November 19, 2008

Art Stuff

I did not realize that I had not blogged here in such a long time. Just a quick up-date. Over the Summer, I participated in an "Art Battle". This is a competition of ,in this case, twenty artists. We were to finish a piece of work in just three hours. It was quite a challenge for me, as I have not ever finished a piece in such a short amount of time. The good news is , I finished! The not so good news, I did not win. I will say that any of the people who were involved with the challenge could have easily won. Very talented people,including, my son. The weather was no help either. We were out-doors, in a tent. It was at least 85 degrees. Then it started to pour rain. Then we had thunder and lightning. Then torrential rain, leaking tent, running paint. My Husband arrived halfway through the challenge to point out that I was standing in a river of rain, and my roll of paper toweling was soaked! I guess that you could say that when I paint, I kind of have blinders on. I had not even noticed! I will say that it was a wonderful opportunity to meet many new people, all with an interest in Art.
As a result of being involved in this event, I will be having a new showing of my work. I will be participating in the First Thursday Art Walk in Bay City. The date is December 4th. I will be at "Dive and Glide". It is located at 707 Washington. I will be there between the hours of 5:00 and 8:00. This business is a perfect match for me. Not only because I enjoy painting marine life, but also because the owner was my instructor for scuba! So I hope that you will come out and see me. I will have some of my works there for sale. Maybe you could get some early Holiday shopping done. Bay City has experienced a revival in recent years. It should be quite nice, all decked out for Christmas. See you there!

No comments: