Monday, May 12, 2008

Ready for Vacation

You know, I should know better than to get all excited about going on vacation. The last vacation, I caught a terrible head-cold on the plane and couldn't do the shark feeding dive. Lucky for me, I had done that dive before. I did have a nice time anyway. I had the opportunity to get to know Vivian a little better. While sitting on the boat, waiting for my husband to finish his dive, we chatted extensively. Vivian had lived and worked in Ft. Lauderdale before coming to work for Stuart Cove. I love Ft. Lauderdale, it is the place that feels like my second home. As it turned out, she knew many of the people and operations that I have been diving with. So, although I was sad to miss out on my dive, I have made another friend through diving.
I guess that I will stop thinking about what can go wrong. I suppose that will always find a way to enjoy the journey, no matter what happens. Maybe I will make new and interesting friends, or find out-of-the-way places. In either case, I am certain that it will be warmer than MI! Wish me luck, I am St. Thomas bound!!!

No comments: